Tuesday 1 September 2009


I grew up with Lego. It is an endearing and familiar part of my childhood, multicolour castles and space ships longer than my bed. Through the children I have been able to relive my childhood joy of building; on wet days last Christmas we played Lego Olympics; who could build a set in the quickest time, who made the best space ship from the spares box (it’s a big box, created by the need to constantly replace bits that mysteriously disappeared). I resort to Lego sometimes to build bits for gardens. Despite the efficiency of 3D cad and the speed with which I can model a space to the closest millimetre, there is something more essential in a model, of seeing the space for real (even if it’s in miniature). I have just noticed that Lego have started to make architectural models..The one that attracted me is “Falling water” a model of the Frank Lloyd Wright house. It’s not available in the UK yet but I am sure it will be. It’s a thinly veiled way to get enthusiastic about a toy.

2 comments:

  1. the kit is not available in the UK yet.. try here: http://www.brickstructures.com/SiteStoreAll6.html

    ReplyDelete