Tuesday 28 April 2009

Chelsea plants



This is a planted panel for the Chelsea Garden, these will be moved vertically in the next week There are five of these panels consisting of about 2000 plants, mostly grasses and a ferns. These have been grown at Aldingbourne Nurseries near Chichester and we had what was probably the last team meeting before the show. Steve McIntyre at the nursery assures us that the small plants will catch up and that the frame work will be invisible. I wish that we had photographed it being planted and been able to track its progress. All of the concrete sections have been cast and so far no accidents or problems. I have not seen them yet so its a little like waiting for Christmas, until the photos are released. After visiting Aldingbourne I was in need of a coffee and leg stretch, its a long way from Lancsashire. The choice at the Fontwell rounderbout, barely a mile away was..a Little Chef or Denmans Garden. I chose the garden, you knew I would. It was delightfully empty and has a great cafe. Even better was that whilst wandering John Brookes himself came past. I nervously introduced myself and he seemed glad of the breather from moving barrow-loads of lopped branches. Its a warm, sheltered site and things there are probably three weeks in advance of us at home. I did wonder what it is like there on Race Days?

No comments:

Post a Comment