Thursday 16 April 2009

There are less weeks than I care to count to the Chelsea Flower Show.
Our contractor (Scoatscape ltd) seems remarkabley sanguine about the task ahead and I trust him implicitly. I heard today that the internal frame work for the concrete wall/ floor sections have just about been finished at Edinburgh University and are due to be delivered to the University of East London on Monday, where thay will be cast into the concrete sections over te next week or so. I hope to have some pictures.
The plants are being supplied by Aldingbourne Nurseries in Chichester, and so far all sounds well there. We are meeting to inspect/ poke/ prod and otherwise tut over them next friday. It doesnt feel like I'm doing my job unless I have something to worry about.
We are struggling to find some suitable furniture to use on the garden. We did find one or two new suppliers today but the classic suppliers of chaise lounge(s) have all so far failed to respond.

the website has been updated to include a copy of the Show Garden Leaflet and it will remain there for about a month after the show. I have also added a link from the website to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment